I thought I’d start the year off with something sweet and easy. This is a great little muffin that I like to make at the start of the week so my kids can have it as a snack all week. I make them in mini muffin tins but you can make them in the bigger ones and have them for breakfast.
They’re filled with vitamin B6, vitamin C, iron, fibre and are a good source of carbohydrates, protein and fat – all the things you need to start your day off right! Not to mention they taste great!
It’s really quick and your kids can help with it.
Before you start, mash the banana until almost liquid and set aside. Then combine all the dry ingredients.
Whisk the oil and honey.
Add the mixture and the milk to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
Add the mashed bananas and raisin and mix until incorporated. The mixture will seem a bit heavy but I promise these muffins are super soft and very light.
Pour in muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy!
1/2 cup oat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup oil
2 tbsp milk
2 medium bananas (very ripe)
1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350C. Line 2 mini muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- Mash bananas until almost liquid. Set aside.
- Combine first 5 ingredients.
- Whisk oil and honey then add to dry ingredients together with milk.
- Add mashed bananas and mix well.
- Add raisins and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour into liners (I like to fill 3/4 way up because these muffins rise nicely)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.