Bananas! I seem to be going bananas for bananas! I have been obsessed with finding the perfect banana bread recipe that could be a sweet treat and a breakfast on the go and the base for a sandwich.
I think I got it this time! This bread is not too sweet so it’s great and filling for breakfast but also sweet enough to curb any cravings, especially if paired with a hot cup of tea. Greatest of all, you can use it to make sandwiches! So far I’ve done it with cheese, with jam and with nut butter. It’s fantastic! Not to mention it’s totally easy and only uses one bowl! For me that’s the best part. I am definitely not a fan of doing dishes. It also stores really well in the refrigerator and toasts wonderfully!
You simply add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
Then add the wet and incorporate.
Finally, add the walnuts and just stir in.
Pour batter into loaf pan.
Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown.
Slice and enjoy!
2 cups unbleached white flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup brown sugar*
1/4 tsp salt
1.5 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
1 cup milk of choice
1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Add bananas, flax egg, milk and combine until incorporated.
- Add walnuts and mix until just combined.
- Place in greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let cool for about 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Slice and enjoy!
*You can increase the sugar depending on your taste.